The Liebster Blog Awards
On Monday, I was nominated by the lovely Mariella from Bridgekeeping Traveling for the Liebster Blog Award! It’s a fun way to meet other travel bloggers and discover new blogs! You can follow Mariella on Twitter at @bridgekeeptrav
Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you on your blog.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you!
My 11 Random Facts:
1. I played ice hockey for years, on my high school team and on a women’s team. I love ice skating.
2. I love cats and believe that I can speak the language of “cat” and have the power to communicate with them.
3. My favourite season is Spring.
4. I hate nightclubs and would rather spend the evening drinking wine in a bar with live music.
5. I have a sketchbook that I draw/paint/collage in almost everyday.
6. I want to go back to graduate school and get my Masters in Anthropology.
7. Someday I am going to buy a sailboat, live on it and sail around the world.
8. I love vintage clothing and going to thrift shops.
9. I wish I could play the cello… it’s my favourite instrument.
10. I like growing my hair out really long and then cutting it really short.
11. I have never traveled solo, but don’t think I want to. I love sharing all of my travel experiences with Luke.
My Answers to 11 Questions Mariella asked me:
1. What’s your favorite book? Les Miserables.
2. Have you ever fallen in love with a place at first sight? Which one? Yes, Budapest and Hawaii.
3. What can home provide you with that travel can’t? My own bed, my pets, my family and friends.
4. If you were to receive a package in the mail today, what should its content be? A new raincoat. I really need one!
5. Do you prefer solo travel or do you like it better to have a companion? Companion.
6. What made you start your blog? I wanted to share my photos/stories and “meet” people who love to travel as much as I do.
7. What has blogging taught you about yourself? Haven’t been doing it long enough to know for sure.
8. Name your ultimate travel song that everyone should have on their MP3 player for long bus or train rides. Gypsy by Fleetwood Mac
9. What language would you most like to be fluent in? Hungarian and Spanish
10. Facebook, twitter or pinterest, which do you like best and why? Pinterest but I use Twitter the most.
11. By what words would you convince someone to travel who has never done it before? To travel is to truly experience life. You can’t read about the world from a book or look at it through a screen. You’ve got to get out there and see it with your own eyes and feel it with your own heart. So go!
My 11 Questions to the Blogs I Nominate
1. What is your favorite movie?
2. Where did you receive your first passport stamp?
3. Dogs or cats?
4. What is something you wish you could do really well?
5. Close your eyes and spin a globe… where does your finger land?
6. What is something you love about yourself?
7. What is your favorite dessert?
8. Which place are you most excited about visiting in 2013?
9. What is your favourite fruit?
10. What is one thing that travel has taught you?
11. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
My 11 Nominees!
Ashley of Ashley Abroad
Deej of The World of Deej
Erin of The World Wanderer
Hannah and Adam of Getting Stamped
James of Escaping Abroad
Karla of Traveller Soul
Kimi of Wandering Souldier
Liz of What Liz Saw
Pablo of Where’s Pablo
Steve of Midlifewanderlust1965
Vanessa of TurnipSeed Travel
Let’s keep spreading the travel blog love! Thank you again Mariella for the nomination!